What is io4edge?
io4edge is the family name for I/O modules that are connected to the host via network (Ethernet, WLAN, Ethernet over USB). All io4edge Devices share some common functionality such as.
- Network Addressing via zeroconf (MDNS) addresses
- Communication with the host through TCP sockets and Google Protobuf messages
- Device Management over Network for
- Firmware Update
- Firmware Identification
- Inventory Data
- Device Reboot
Open Source Client Libraries
io4edge device are supported by open source host libraries for the following programming languages:
- Go: io4edge-client-go
- Python: io4edge-client-python
- Moducop I/Os
- Onboard Microcontrollers, such as the I/O controller on our ModuCop CPU01